Saturday, March 14, 2009

My bro's engagement on 7th March 2009

It was a very surprised for our family to hear the decision form my bro, Jonathan to get engaged.We was so happy that finally he has made a very great moved in his life.To be honest,my bro before was a very crazy,wild and naughty person until he met with his lovely fiance, Jacqueline Susan in his life.His fiance has managed to changed my bro to become a better person and knows to be responsible in his life.thanks to his fiance.Jacq...welcome to our family:)).We are very greatful that you willing to be part of our family and chose my bro to become your life partner.I hope that both of them will be blessed and their new chapter in their life will goes smoothly.

I'm sure that not many knows how is Bidayuh (one of ethnic in Malaysia) celebrate thier engagement ceremony.Maybe my blog today will help a lil on the overview of how Bidayuh from my area (serian) works on the engagement.Maybe it's far more simple compared to the malay tradition. We do not have so many "hantaran".it's enough with a pair of rings, "wang hantaran" and a pair of kain batik.but,it's depand on the man's side to give some other things if the afford to give it.and depands on the requirement of the girl's side on what should be given for the engagement.All the cost for the engagement ceremony will be supported by the guy's side.








Our "rombongan" was welcomed by Jacq's father. I was holding the rings for the engagement:)







My dad was giving a short introduction on the "visiting purpose". Then it was followed by the girl's dad to give the permission to let her daughter getting engaged to my bro.








It's time to put on the ring to partner's finger.Before that, there was a blessing ceremony lead by our church member and the rings as well as the couples were blessed.









It's time for my parents to give some gifts to the girls's parents. The most important thing to be listed in the gift was "kain sarong/batik". It is a must.



































No comments:

Post a Comment